Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Will Survive

I Will Survive By: Sharlene Moss

We often look for love in different places
But often we are left with empty spaces
We shed tears and feel the pain
With a ray of hope we restrain.


Through this journey, we search and stumble
Listening to the voices, my heart starts to crumble
Knowing my strengths and desires,
the road may be long but my heart will never tire.


They say only the strong survive,
But I am not strong; I am weak
Barely holding on…
Just finding my way to thrive again


Is it love or lust? How do I love thee?
With a promise and a kiss on your patient lips

In this poem there is an abab pattern. There are 3 quatrains and finally a couplet at the end of the poem.

1 comment:

  1. You will survive!! This poem is great because there can many interpretations to it. Although it says “We often look for love in different places” so you know it is about love, you can also take this poem through the journey that one goes through. Good job!

    ReplyDelete